Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Film... Wednesday?

Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to make a habit of this. I may well be a bearded hipster who rides stupid bicycles and so perhaps this is just my demographic in the same way that Jason Statham films appeal to the Max Power subscriber in all of us (I actually don't have a Max Power subscriber inside me. Maybe a Bicycle Obsessive, but it's not the same thing), BUT:

Where The Wild Things Are




This has been in the ether for a while and there are lots of rumours around as to why it's been delayed, but at least it's here. Or will be. Soon. Perhaps. Maybe. Depending on how it tests. In the Bible Belt. Oh dear.

Spike Jonze and Dave Eggers can really do whatever they want and I'll buy it.

Inadequacy, thy name is Eoin.

Oh, and for the HD completist: Apple has you covered

3 comments:

  1. that looks fupping awesome!!! When is it out?

    ...and dont knock Jason Statham, have you seen Crank? It is also fupping awesome!!! -Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. October 19th in the US. Having said that, it's been hanging around for a most a year now, so that date is something of a moveable feast. I'd note that a film ostensibly aimed at kids that is released in October is not a movie expecting to grab the kiddie demographic alone, which can only bode well.

    Also: best fancy dress costume ever.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I'm a freelance writer/journalist/researcher/editor. I write about education and ideas I've had for the Irish Times. I also research, write and edit for writers, publications and websites. Here I put things that tend not to fit anywhere else. Enjoy.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter