Monday, February 8, 2010

ON ADVERTISING

This ran during the Superbowl last night. It is (apparently) the first time the 'Don't be evil' gang have advertised on TV.




All I'm saying is: if you changed the soundtrack to the Arcade Fire and had the tagline: 'from the mind of Spike Jonze', you'd be in hipster heaven.

Or if the camera pulled back and John Hodgman was typing on the screen, we could be looking at the new Apple iPad ad.

I'm not saying you should, or that every advertiser chasing the hipster dollar is doing the same thing. I've just got too much time on my hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I'm a freelance writer/journalist/researcher/editor. I write about education and ideas I've had for the Irish Times. I also research, write and edit for writers, publications and websites. Here I put things that tend not to fit anywhere else. Enjoy.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter